Monday, May 2, 2011

Living in the sun...

So I had come on the computer with full intention of getting "caught up" on all things Autumn, but I got sidetracked on another thing, and only have so much emotional writing in me for one night ;) However, I felt the desire to write a little bit on life in Arizona. When Chris and I first told our world we were moving out west, we got some crazy looks. Like we had sprouted 2 extra heads in the middle of the night kind of looks. Going from a drastically cold climate to a scalding hot one is kind of nuts, I suppose. I mean there were a few valid points; "in the cold you can always add layers, but there are only so many you can take off" this was and still is something that still rings in my ears as truth. And up until a few months ago I had thought they were all right and planned to move back east eventually. But as the days go by, and I watch my little pixie run through the grass on a hot May day, I can totally see myself raising a family out here....Something happens when you become a parent, you change! You hear about the change, you see the change, but you never fully accept that it can happen to you...until it does! I was so sad and miserable and lonely my pregnancy, I hated life and believed life hated me back. But becoming a mother has really opened my mind and heart and has forced me to reexamine myself as a person. I have been able to tap into a deep place within my soul, one where there is peace and pure contentment. Now, I wont get too hippy dippy on you, but it has made me see things in a whole new light and appreciate everything this life has given me. And one of those things is living in Arizona. Every day I find one more thing I love and one less thing I hate about our current home state. Eventually we will buy a cute little place in New England and become snowbirds, or buy a huge farm in Oregon and live completely off the land, but that is after we win the power ball...:) For now I really love having a small space just big enough for our family to grow one more, in this beautiful environment where every morning I can expect to go outside and be greeted with the sun on my face :)


Here are a few photos of our very laid back day at home...


Finding treasures for the nature bucket :




Tela loves to play with the ball, all day, everyday :)



One a break from our walk:


1 comment:

  1. I love it Jess! And I completely agree- with everything. I always planned on moving somewhere else in the future. But now that Ollie is growing up here and I'm making new friends (like you) that plan is fading into the background and I realize that I love living here. There is so much to do outdoors and indoors. And I love the mix of people and parenting ideas here. We blend the old with the new and make it work for us! Love the pics of your beautiful daughter too!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete