Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Friendship...

I have the most amazing friends in all the world! No lie! The beauty and strength in these women just leave me with a sense of awe whenever I am around them...

Now it seems that making friends comes easy to me and I have been blessed with some of the kindest most amazing people who I am privledged to call my friend, however, it didn't used to be like that. I have a wonderful group of forever friends that I grew up with. We bonded over our love of dance and music and ability to act like complete goofballs together. But when it came to school, I never quite fit in. And what I regret most was never truly being myself back then. But, thankfully I figured out how ridiculous it was trying to be someone other than who I was just to fit in and after getting sick of being misunderstood I let that all go, and started focusing on me, on life, on love. I met the most wonderful man and moved with him across the country, the scariest and greatest thing I ever did! Although I miss my Buffalo loves, I know we will always be each others extended family and look forward to growing old together. Thank you T, G, E, K and M for being such important people in my life. The road I have been on has not always been an easy one, but with out you it would not have been fun either. I owe each of you so much and love you all unconditionally.

My core group of friends out here are some of the funniest and  awesome chicks I have ever known! The times I have spent with these women are never anything short of amazing! From talking shallow or deep the conversations are always nurturing and I don't know how I could ever live without them! We have been together for quite sometime and as we transition from the crazy partyers in our 20's to the fabulous mothers and wifes in our 30's I feel so full of light and love knowing I have these beauties in my life. So to my girls A, K, J, and L, my AZ family, I thank you for always being by my side on this journey, I am so grateful for each and every one of you and know that our friendship is true and will last the ever changing test of time! I also truly love and appreciate my dear K, J and L and wish more time could be spent with these radiant women. I know our lives can sometimes get the better of us and that we will always be able to come back to each other as if no time at all has passed. I am forever grateful to the 2 of you as well!

Now on to my mom friends. The women who have made me realize that AZ is truly where I am meant to be. The women who have shared their diapers, wipes, tears, fears, joys, depressions, confessions, advice and love with me and my daughter. In this short year I have made some of the best friendships of my entire life. Ones that I have no doubt will be everlasting. I cannot be more grateful of these women's presence in my life and I constantly am in disbelief that I get the honor to be in these women's lives as we raise our children together. Some I know because our parenting styles are similar, some because our entire families get along so well, and some because they are just so admirable! I am inspired on a daily basis and my social life has never been so fulfilling :) Words truly do not do how I feel about these moms imprint in my life justice. One of these wonderful souls mentioned how lucky she felt knowing that her daughter was going to be surrounded by all these amazing role models. That was something I had never thought of before, and now think of frequently. I am so blessed to have such strong, passionate and beautiful women surrounding my daughter and myself. What a wonderful way to raise a little girl! So a big thank you goes out to my closest moms, A, K, C, A, L, N, D, L, T, A, and S whose kindness for me and my daughter is so appreciated. You make it so easy for me to be the greatest mom to my little pixie that I possibly can be.

I am definitely one VERY lucky lady :)

No comments:

Post a Comment