Sunday, February 27, 2011

A due date...

First of all, I have to comment on the fact that my first and only post was 7 months and 8 days ago. I have had good intentions of keeping a cyber record of life in Autumn's world, but unfortunately those good intentions never made it too far. But, lets put that behind us and move forward. :)

My little pixie is almost a year old!!!! It is amazing to me that she could be one. I have been thinking and dreaming of the day when she will be one, and yet it still doesn't seem like it could be possible. It's really a bizarre feeling, I'm still getting used to the fact that I am somebodies mother! A year ago today was my due date. I had been cooking my little bug for 40 weeks, to the day (according to the Doctor man). It was also the only time Chris and I have ever been to IKEA together. That was a disaster, and a whole other story. Anyway, it really got me thinking how much can happen in a year and how much I have grown. And as my stretch marks fade, I am reminded of how precious time is and how quickly things come and go (including my 50 pound pregnancy weight gain). And even though I remember me before knowing my little pixie, I cannot remember ever not loving her. Love is truly an amazing gift and it is truly an amazing life as Autumn's mom!

Photobucket
Me at 40 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment